Inspired by Vogue and the video series created by Joe Sabia.
1.What are you most excited about these days?
The dreams I and God are cooking for 2018
2.What have you been up to today?
3. Favorite season?
Winter for the snow, Fall for the beauty.
4. Where does one go on a perfect road trip?
New England in Fall and California in summer!
5. What is the best activity when home on a rainy day?
Blogging or calling my family while I snuggle in bed.
6. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be?
I don’t want to be anyone any day.
7. What is the best thing that happened this year?
God’s uncommon favor and meeting genuine, kind and loving people
8. What’s something that changed your life this year?
Learning to make decisions without explaining myself to anyone.
9. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Who moved my cheese? It helped me as a teenager struggling with change and social anxiety.
10. Best way to decompress?
I listen to classical music specifically Mozart.
11. Skiing or Surfing?
Those are first world problems
12. Country you wish to visit?
What happened to mystery
13. What did you want to do with your life at age 12?
A screenwriter and actress. No one knows this, but I created a fantasy TV series that I continuously acted out by myself every single day. I would diligently play all the different characters and the story line was incredible even if I say so myself!
14. What is one thing you still have from your childhood?
My favourite childhood book. My friend Alicia surprised me with my favorite childhood book that was now out of print and that revived that childhood memory.
15. What makes you smile the most?
A lot of things,I’m technically a smiling machine
16. What are you listening to right now?
17. What is the cutest thing in the world?
Healthy and chubby babies. I can’t resist those chubby cheeks and chuckles
18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Sometimes I allow people to take advantage of my kindness.
19. What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
My eternal optimism and fearlessness
20. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
A full ride scholarship.
21. What’s your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving because it’s the one holiday where we don’t focus on accumulating more gifts but we focus on being grateful for what we already have
22. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
The Fault in Our Stars
23. What are your favorite lyrics of all time?
All Too Well by Taylor Swift
24. If you could make a documentary, what would it be about?
The challenges of refugees and illegal immigrants living in South Africa
25. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
The ability to fly
26. What is the skill you still unmastered?
It was ice skating, it was my last goal for 2017 and on the 31st of December my friend Kate trained me at The Millennium Park Ice Rink in Chicago.
27. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be?
Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl
28. Do you like surprises?
29. Who inspires you?
I cried enough in high school now I just put on my big girl pants and deal with stuff
31. Best advice for your 17-year-old self?
No one in this high school wants to be your friend. A lot of people act like you don’t exist. You spend a lot of time locked up in the bathroom crying but what you don't know is that one day you will live in the capital city of the world – New York City.
32. What makes you laugh no matter what?
33. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn?
Rejection is just a detour to something better so never give up on your dreams.
34. Hard choices you had to make?
Leaving behind my family and friends South Africa to pursue my dreams in USA. I haven’t been home in over 3 years!
35. Favorite fashion trend of all time?
A classic tweed jacket paired with riding boots. (equestrian)
36. Trend you would like to see disappear forever?
37. It’s brunch what do you eat
Toast with Swiss cheese and guacamole spread
38. What is something most people don’t know you can do?
39. Most important advice you’d give your future children?
Always turn the other cheek.
40. What do you usually order in Starbucks? (or in your favorite café)
Vanilla latte or Chai tea
41. What is your favorite book of all time?
42. What is something you wish you could be good at?
43. What’s the next book you plan on reading?
The Power of the Subconscious mind – Joseph Murphy
44. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way?
Luck only happens when opportunity meets preparation
45. What’s your Favorite board game?
Monopoly and I’m undefeated
46. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Why discriminate the other?
47. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them?
Their energy .
48. Favorite solo artist?
Indila she is a French singer from France
49. How do you manage your schedule?
Keeping a daily planner, turning down distractions and laser focus on my goals
50. West Coast or East Coast?
51. If you could master one instrument what would it be?
Violin … and desperately so.
52. If you had a tattoo where would it be?
I don’t plan on getting any
53. What is something you will not be doing in ten years?
Being an employee because I’ll be an employer.
54. Things that changed your life?
Adopting a minimalism lifestyle.
55. How do you like your coffee?
With too much cream and I always convince myself those calories don’t count.
56. What’s your favorite curse word?
I don’t use profanity
57. What color of dress did you wear to prom?
58. Diamonds or pearls?
I don’t own neither
59. What’s your guilty pleasure?
60. Blow dry or air dry?
61. Heels or flats?
62. Who do you miss most?
My family and bestfriend
63. Favorite smell?
The smell of rain
64. One thing you can’t live without?
God and hope
65. What’s one cause that’s dear to your heart?
I have a heart for refugees and educating the less privileged
66. Who would you want to shoot a love scene with?
Ryan Reynolds but he is now married
67. What’s your favorite sport?
Tennis and polo
68. Do you have a morning beauty ritual?
I’m a minimalist so the less things I do to my face the more time I save
69. What’s your favorite thing to wear?
Cute fedora hats! I have a collection and almost always wear one every season
70. What’s the priciest thing you’ve ever splurged on?
I don’t have a lot of money so I always budget, thrift to stretch what I have
71. What are you most enchanted by?
Intelligence and beautiful eyes
72. Plans for the weekend?
I’m actually in the train on my way to Chicago to meet up with my friend Kate
73. What is something you always travel with?
Grab a cup of tea, coffee, wine and lets be internet friends!